Bellwether Care, Inc.
Are you having difficulty interpreting what your physician(s) are telling you? What your choices really are and how they fit into your life? Is it being a challenge to get what you want from the healthcare system? I and Bellwether Care can help.
Examples of Specific Services:
- Help in forming concrete and achievable goals for care
- Help in understanding both the potential benefits and the harms of alternative paths
- Speak with healthcare providers as requested to clarify or coordinate care plans
- Help in navigating the health care system in general
- Help in understanding both the ability and the limit of what medicine can do to improve quality of life and to lengthen it
- Teach about palliative care, hospice, and end-of-life choices
- Discuss and help prepare for signature end-of-life documents—advance directives, durable healthcare powers of attorney, POLST’s (Physician orders for Life Sustaining Treatment)
- Facilitate conversations with family and/or friends involved in decisions/care
Over the last few years I have become more and more interested in serious illness, palliative care, and end of life issues, particularly the challenges that patients and families face when making complex decisions and interacting with the healthcare system. To that end, I enrolled in UCLA Extension, received the Certificate in Patient Advocacy in 2016, and became a Board Certified Patient Advocate in March 2018. I founded Bellwether Care, Inc. whose mission is to empower patients and families during the course of a serious illness and the ensuing encounters with the healthcare system. Each patient and family will have different needs although all patients and families want to be fully informed and able to make treatment decisions.
Send a Message to This Advocate
Listing Title: Bellwether Care, Inc.