Cancer Champions, LLC Helping to bring clarity to the confusion of a cancer diagnosis
All of my clients share feelings of anxiety, confusion and fear when faced with a cancer diagnosis. They are navigating a complex healthcare system and don’t know what they don’t know.
Cancer Champions provides personalized, compassionate navigation and expertise to advocate for you locally in DC metro and nationwide.
Are you confused about treatment options, medical language, clinical trials and procedures? I help you evaluate your treatment options, understand your diagnosis, connect with centers of excellence for second opinions and supportive resources resulting in reduction of the confusion, anxiety and fear so you can make decisions with confidence and peace.
My extensive background in oncology (treatment and study of cancer) means I can translate medical terminology into language you understand. I am skilled at researching clinical trials and can help you evaluate treatment centers and options so you don’t waste valuable time.
My substantial professional network provides you access to experts and unique insights. My personal experience navigating my father’s cancer journey has given me empathy for the needs of the individual facing the disease and their family members.
Unlike hospital navigators and advocates, I work for you and not a specific medical institution. I am 100% committed to advocating for your needs and goals and I will help you uncover options that apply to your specific situation.
Some of the services I provide, but are not limited to:
- Helping prepare for and/or accompany you to medical appointments to maximize the time with you physician
- Researching and coordination of second opinions
- Researching cancer clinical trials
- Connecting you with professional and community cancer support services
- Coordination of multiple specialists
- Improving communication between you and your healthcare team
- Reviewing and assisting with insurance appeals for denied treatments
- Connecting you with pharmaceutical and biotech resources to access therapy
Send Message to listing owner
Contact any advocate using the Request Help form or the phone number found on their listing page