As a nurse, caretaker and at times patient myself, I understand how difficult it can be to manage one’s healthcare. The time it takes and the worry it induces can be overwhelming. Sometimes you need a professional in your corner. My experience and passion, coupled with my doctorate level studies in nursing leadership and public health has afforded me a deeper understanding of our healthcare system.
I use this knowledge to help guide people through the healthcare system, including but not limited to: screening, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. I help patients communicate with their providers so they get the information they need, in a manner they can understand, in order to make the most informed decisions. I help patients set up appointments for doctor visits and medical tests (can attend when needed) and get financial, legal, and social support. I also work with insurance companies, employers, case managers, lawyers, and others who may influence a person’s healthcare needs.
My goal at Haven Healthcare Advocates is for my clients to feel a sense of comfort and peace that comes from knowing that they or their loved ones are being cared for. I want you or your loved one to have more time to spend doing what you love, with the people you love.
- Communicate and coordinate with healthcare providers
- Prepare for and accompany to key physician appointments
- Help explain diagnosis and treatment plan
- Find credible health information
- Research and understand options for treatment and services
- Crisis Intervention
- Manage transitions between hospital, rehab/skilled nursing facilities, mental health facilities, and/or home
- Make phone calls and track paperwork
- Identify community resources and support systems
- Review medications and interactions
- End of life planning
- Inform family members about care, as appropriate
- Assess needs
- Mediate family care conflicts
- Assist in developing advanced directives
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Assist in long term placement
Send Message to listing owner
Contact any advocate using the Request Help form or the phone number found on their listing page