I became an advocate after my own experiences with hospital care in the US, being deeply touched by the struggles of patients and health staff members within the medical system. I saw the many challenges that a health emergency or illness can bring to an individual, and the lack of support patients receive from the healthcare system. Even if physicians and health staff members provide the best care to comfort a physical ailment, many of the system’s policies and regulations put the patient at a disadvantage.
I am based in Miami, Florida, I provide assistance, services, tools and resources to patients while promoting a Patient-Centered Care; which empowers them with information to better navigate the healthcare system, and choose the appropriate approach for their care, while honoring themselves as whole beings, and addressing their ailments form a physical, mental, and emotional perspective.
Some services provided include:
- Review of medical bills.
- Manage insurance claims.
- Shop for providers, procedures and medication.
- Schedule appointments, obtain referrals.
- Assist in care coordination among physicians and settings.
- Assist with transition between healthcare settings.
- Provide support while hospitalized.
- Assist in the research of alternative medicine, and evidence-based medicine.
My services are available in English and Spanish.
Send Message to listing owner
Contact any advocate using the Request Help form or the phone number found on their listing page