Cancer is a very complex disease to treat and usually involves a number of different physicians, procedures, and medications. Through our understanding of oncology and our knowledge about how the healthcare industry works, we can steer you in the right direction and ease your mind during your medical treatment. And because we work only in the area of cancer treatment, we can focus exclusively on expanding our knowledge and presence within this particular area of medicine to serve you as well as possible.
- Advocacy and support when you are having difficulty in getting your medical needs met
- Full explanations of your diagnosis, medical terms, how medications work, what causes side effects, what to expect from treatment
- Research on diseases, medications, surgical procedures, treatment options, and side effects
- Information on physicians, specialists, facilities, etc.
- Assistance with obtaining your medical records, lab results, etc.
- Attendance at medical appointments to take notes, ask questions, and coordinate next steps
- Hospital bedside visits, helping to keep patients and their loved ones informed about in-patient treatment
- Information on support groups and organizations
- Consolidating all of your medical and surgical reports, test results into a master medical file for you
- Guidance on compiling and maintaining your medical file
- Helping to coordinate your care among different doctors and treatment facilities
- Helping to minimize errors and miscommunication among health care team members
- Support and education regarding your rights as a patient
- Suggestions on communicating effectively with your physician and medical office staff
- Insight into how medical offices and facilities work—what they can and can’t do
Send a Message to This Advocate