Who do we help?
- Out-of-town family who need help managing the care of an aging parent long distance
- Patients needing help understanding and navigating the system
- Patients undergoing treatment who are too ill or overwhelmed to handle all the details
- Patients who need help finding a specialist, getting a second opinion or researching treatment options
- Patients and families who need help researching housing options
- Patients with complex and/or serious medical diagnoses
- Individuals without family that need help overseeing and coordinating care and services on a long-term basis.
How do our clients benefit?
- We attend appointments with patients, provide written summaries for patient and family/caregiversto assure care quality and continuity.
- We facilitate open communication between patient, medical providers and insurance providers to minimize miscommunication and increase efficiency.
- We assist with pre-appointment planning by working with patient and family to develop a list of questions and concerns for physicians.
- We accompany patients to the hospital ER when a family member is out of town or unavailable to assure they receive timely attention.
- We coordinate appointments, home care, testing and transportation for the patient to ease the stress on family and friends.
- We communicate with family members/caregivers regarding medical appointments, treatments and other issues important to the patient.
- We research diagnoses, treatment options, second opinions and housing options,to enable patients and families to make well-informed decisions.
- We assist with medication coordination, making sure physicians are aware of prescribed medications, that the patient understands his/her prescription and, if needed, coordinate services to administer medications for greater safety.
Send a Message to This Advocate